2012 VSS - News, Results & Rankings

After an extended delay, I'm pleased to give you the results and rankings at the end of event 5.
A terrific finals series that began with a 9/10th frame roll off just to make the top 6 saw some great matches.
In the first match, Josh Morel held on to progress ahead of Cassie Staudinger by 1 pin.
In match 2 we saw the same margin as Paul White defeated Josh 226-225!
Match 3 saw Paul Trotter find form as he rolled a perfect game to make it through to the final!
In the final, Paul continued his form to defeat Dom Barrett and win his first VSS event of 2012.

The final results see Paul Trotter take out the 2012 Rankings Men's 2nd Champion with Ralph Harford in 2nd. In the ladies it was all change as Dena Buxton came through to claim top spot, with Jenny Notman jumping into 2nd. Final rankings attached.

The final event of the year will be our 2 day challenge to be held at the newly opened Oz Tenpin Point Cook on Saturday 1st & Sunday 2nd December. Entry thread will be up shortly.

A huge thank you to all 119 individual bowlers who made up the entries in this years one day events. Please find attached the 2012 yearbook averages.

Attachments

• 2012 Event 5 - Results.pdf
    223.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 2012 Rankings.pdf
    151.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 2012 Yearbook Averages.pdf
    254.7 KB · Views: 63
Hi mate, just letting you know that that date clashes with AMF Junior Shield and for those of us who want to do the Final Event but are in some way participating with Junior Shield, well....

Hi mate, just letting you know that that date clashes with AMF Junior Shield and for those of us who want to do the Final Event but are in some way participating with Junior Shield, well....

Nothing can be done I dont think because the Sports series dates have been set since the start of this year. I guess it is just bad luck unforunately

Think what luke wanted to do lay the newcastle cup at some stage in the tournament so thats why it's on the weekend

The date for the final was announced in December last year and I wasn't made aware of Junior Shield dates till it was brought up in here.
The weekend before is Emerson Shield.The weekend after is Newcastle Cup. The weekend after that the center isn't available and the weekend after that is 2 days before Christmas which eliminates a lot more bowlers.
Last year's event was held a week before Christmas and it was brought up by a number of bowlers that it was a bit too close which was why the numbers were down on the previous year.

Yes, as Chris mentioned, the plan is to run the Newcastle Cup pattern for the Saturday Qualifying.

I'm sorry to those this effects.

Back
Top Bottom