2010 Youth Roll off's?

So quick question are rolls still due on next weekend on the 3rd and 4th of july????? as the calender says

3/4 July yes, the weekend after next. Very standard, $50 nomination, $90 lineage.

With bowlers away on national duty, we're employing the 2 + 2 selections option this year.

10 and 10? hahahahaha 20 games for $90? OH my that's hilarious...

7 and 7, and no the states requirement has moved to "must bowl states this year"

Good to see the ACT selectors still have NO idea. ACT had a bowler that has just represented AUSTRALIA in Malaysia who came 5th in the MASTERS and also has the highest average in Canberra amongst the youth bowlers but cannot even make the ACT Youth team whilst out of the Country. GO FIGURE????????????
I hope he puts in to be drafts and is picked up.

He Did Nominate...

But his performance in malaysia came AFTER the roll offs...

ACT selectors cant see the future.

clearly saw his performance at Youth Challenge this year and based the decision on that.

maybe if you were there... and/or paying attention... you would have seen it

so maybe they did have an idea.

and its not the first time a National bowler has been overlooked for a team whilst representing the country... nor will it be the last.

so?

and exemption means they have reasons for not trialling... its not an automatic ticket onto the team...

i too know he put in for exemption... i too know that other bowlers put in for exemption too... why arent we here debating why they didnt make the team?

theres more to being on a state team than just their league average.

Selection criteria is advertised and used to assist making the decisions for selectors

I am sure previous history of more than one tournament would be included - not all nominees bowl the same number of events

TBA stresses the need to be fair to the bowler not available to attend when on Australian duties, and I am sure the selection panel is well aware of that important issue.

Leanne

Thank you Leanne and Leigh for some sanity. Dozer, do you have something constructive to bring to this conversation or are you just wanting to start a hate thread?

I'm not going to get drawn into a debate about it, but I will shore up some facts.

Clearly you're referring to Kyle Webber.
Yes, he applied for an exemption to trials for his national team duty.
His exemption was accepted, and he was included in the selection discussions.
All bowlers were made aware of this prior to trials too, I announced it myself at the briefing.

There's more to it than any one event, there's more to it than raw ability. We discussed it at length and made a hard decision. Simple, and final.

I also hope he gets picked up in the draft and excels at the event, then comes back and proves his point next year.

Um??

Firstly, congrats to Kyle for doing so well in Malaysia!

Secondly, whats even more impressive is that he's rarely been bowling league for the last few months, unless he bowls league at belco... An awesome effort with barely any training is always good. But I think his priorities are elsewhere, & the decision won't effect him much at all.

Back
Top Bottom