2009 SA DARRELL HOLT CHALLENGE ROLL OFF ENTRY FORM

kahlua_666

SOUTH AUSTRALIA 2009 DARRELL HOLT CHALLENGE ENTRY FORMS

A great opportunity to represent your South Australia Zone in Canberra - September 2009
Check it out - it might be just what you are looking for

Darrell Holt Classic Challenge for bowlers with an average for Men 199 & below - Women 189 & below as at 31st December 2008

Darrell Holt Restricted Challenge for bowlers with an average for Men 184 & below - Women 174 & below as at the 31st December 2008

For further information please email or phone Pam Turner or check out the Holt Challenge website

www.holtchallenge.org.au

Pam Turner
[email protected]

Attachments

• Roll off Entry Final Inc Budget.pdf
    107.4 KB · Views: 43
The Budget is only a DRAFT and also the costs can be reduced by Fundraising. We offer a big range of fundraising and you can do as much or as little as you wish.

We also look at the best flights, accommodation etc which will also help with your costs. We can't do any of this till the teams are formed and work out who wants what. (Flying,Driving....Sharing rooms etc) This is why we can only do a DRAFT budget at this stage.

If you have any other queries please let me know

Cheers
Pam Turner
[email protected]

No offence intended here Pam but to me i do not think that the entry form is a place to put a budget even if it is a draft only because look at this scenario.

A league bowler who does not have access to Totalbowling or has no idea about the concept of Holt or the people who run it picks up an entry form at a bowling centre.

They think this could be a great idea play for my state against other bowlers around the country, this all looks good and then Bang they look at the back page of the entry form and go i have to pay what, forget it and they throw the entry form in the bin and look for something a little more economical.

I personally would think that an explanation of the costs that they need to pay in the short term via information earlier in the entry form as to costs required on certain dates is more than enough information on an entry form.

With this information they can then if they want to no more can contact yourself or other people that may be on the entry form to ask if they wish to know that is, what is the budget for where this money is going and what will i recieve for it.

At this time you can explain (even though it is pointed out in the entry form that it is a draft only) what the costs may be and give a more realistic budget then what is on the entry form because i think with a figure like this on the entry form you are going to lose bowlers that you may have been able to promote the game to (ie the league bowlers that do not know to much about the Holt challenge).

I am not trying to shoot you down all i am doing is giving you a scenario that may occur with some bowlers and hence why it is best to talk to people about possible budgets and about the very good fundraising that i know the South Australian holt zone puts on for there bowlers but those that do not have Totalbowling or do not know the committee for Holt in SA will see these projections without any of this information that existing holt bowlers know of and say sorry that is just to dear.

Hope this explains my concern over this budget being in the entry form.

Michael Mclaren
Tickets for short lol

Thank you for the form.

I must say that I personally believe the budget draft is an appropriate and necessary piece of information. There are stated costs in the form itself, but without the attached budget it may be confusing as to where this money is going and how the amounts can be justified. I understand it may turn some people off of the idea, but that is simply because it seems out of their budget, and in reality if one cannot afford to participate, then one should not attempt it. The costs involved are ongoing and different things are to be paid at different times, hence the payment schedule, but if someone were to fall behind not only does it affect them but it may also have an adverse effect on that team. The last thing anyone would want is to put themselves into debt or into a difficult situation due to lack of information, and that would place "holt" in a very bad light as an experience. There is a fine line between “not enough”, “enough” and “too much” information.
I can honestly say that Holt is an amazing experience and anyone who has thought of participating should definitely give it a shot, it is worth every cent. The experience itself and the people associated with it are enough to make me want to come back, and by my own admission I’m a “tightwad” when it comes to money.

Simply my opinion, apologies if I have offended anyone.

Take care Pam, your efforts are appreciated :)

tickets im affraid that i dont agree with you on this i think that having the draft of the budget with the entry form gives any new bowler wishing to roll off a draft of what they can roughly see what it may cost them if they make either team and if you think about it you may find that you will get alot more rolling off because they do possiably know what it will cost them before they put pen to paper on the entry form it self and as pam says if you do make it ask to help with the fundraising and it will reduce your costs it may not reduce them by much but anything is better than nothing.

Thats cool guys no offence is taking and everyone is entitled to there opinions on this and i must say that i cannot shoot down any of the reasons given as to why the budget should not be there.

All i am saying is that i think that talking to someone in relation to the budget to explain what the costs will be would be better then puting a budget in that i believe is way off the mark, either that or the people that run NSW holt do a magnificent job of keeping the costs down because last year with NSW going to SA the costs was between $900 and $1100 for all 11 days of competition including everything that was on the budget i read minus the Airfares.

Again this is no offence to anyone on the committee just my opinion and everyone has one right or wrong.

Hope i have not upset anyone with these posts but sometimes i just feel that things need to be said to create discussion and if it is proven that the way forward is via this method then i am all for it but if i see something that requires discussion i always bring this up.

Have a great day everyone
Michael Mclaren
tickets for short lol

Just a reminder Roll off entries for the Restricted Team close this Saturday 7th February & Classic Team Sunday 15th February

If posting your entry form please ensure that you post it by Wednesday to make sure it is received in time.

They can also be dropped of to Pam Turner at Village Bowl on Tuesday from 6pm - 10pm

Entry forms available here

Cheers
Pam Turner

Attachments

• Roll off Entry Final Inc Budget.pdf
    107.4 KB · Views: 13
just like to wish everyone that is rolling off this weekend and next weekend good luck and hope that everyone bowls well.;)

hi pam

can you please put up the final scores after you guys and gals have finished your roll offs so that we can see how you went. :p

thanx

Back
Top Bottom