2008 OPS Bowling Supplies Sports Series Event #1

ratty133

The Brow
Hi All

Letting everyone know that the 1st event on the 2008 circuit will be held at Kelmscott Tenpin Bowl on Sunday Feb 3rd.

Check in will be at 8:30am until 8:55am. If you miss check in, you WILL NOT be permitted to bowl. A short meeting will be held once check in has colsed and bowling will commence at 9:00am.

This format will be 8 games of qualifying with the top 6 advancing to the stepladder finals. This tounament will be bowled on the CHEETAH pattern, not the SHARK as previously advertised.

The entry fee for this event will be $85.

Anyone wishing to bowl this event must also pay the $25 membership fee.

Females will recieve 8 pins handicap per game if their current league average is under 200.

Payout will be as follows (Based on 30 entries):

1st - $300
2nd - $200
3rd - $150
4th – $125
5th - $110
6th - $100
7th - $95
8th - $90
9th - $85
10th - $80

This prizefund will increase with more entries and will remain a 1 in 3 payout.

Bowlers can leave their names here if they wish to compete.

I look forward to seeing you all in February for the start on another great season of the WA Sports Series.

Matt Watson

Hey Matty, cutting to the top 6 is a bit harsh, what about making it top 10?? I am sure you would get a few more players.
Come on WA bowlers, support this event, we need more of them !!

top 10 is a good idea, however, for time constraints, a format change for the final would have to be made.

If i were to open the stepladder up to 10, how many people would be up for a 4 man shootout between 7, 8 9, and 10, with highest score advancing. Same thing next match with 5 v 6 v 7, then normal stepladder after that?

For that to work, i would need more than 30 bowlers to enter as the lineage would go up and if the bowlers stay low, it will eat the prizefund.

Does everyone wishing to bowl this event prefer to have top 6 or top 10?

Matt

FYI

Squad List:

1. Matt Watson
2. Chris Watson

:):)Hi Matty, ok, so if top 10 wont work out for your format, you can change it. Top 8, head to head round robin, what ever. All I am bringing to your attention, is that top 6 is too small - top 8, change format, anything that will ENCOURAGE more bowlers to participate. Encourage being the word.
Its a tough job your doing, but stick with it. We need the young bowlers to get in there, give it a go, dont just leave the tournement running to the State. Come on WA bowlers, lets see a big turn out.:tongue4:
Get your names in - support the Sports Series. :D

Im more than happy to run whatever format the bowlers want. Have your say guys, its your tournament circuit, so you all have the input. Im just here to organise it all for you :D

Top 8 with round robin sounds good to me. I had the stepladder in as i have several formats over the year so dont want to get bored of one format all the time. But if the bowlers want it, the bowlers will get it.

Is there anyone else out there who is at this stage going to be bowling?

Matt

What i have decided to do for this event, is if we get 30 bowlers or less, the stepladder will stay at 6 bowlers, if we get between 30 and 40, i will extend it to 8, and if we manage to get between 40 and 50, i will extend it it to 10 bowlers.

Squad list to date:

1. Matt Watson
2. Chris Watson
3. Mitch Marris

Cheers

Entrants to Date:

Matt Watson
Chris Watson
Mitch Marris
Michael Muir
Mitch Edom
Chris Barratt
Jess Barratt
Jesus Herero

8 entrants to date.

To all female bowlers who are thinking of competing but dont have their names down to bowl yet, dont forget that if your current league average is under 200, you will recieve an 8 pin per game bonus.

Come on WA, lets make this years series bigger and better.

Matt

Out of the shed, Jess?
That hurts me.

Put cat down for another unsuccessful sports series outing!

Just think cat we just add to the prize fund. who knows what could happen though. Looking forward to catching up with you. ouh and brenda darling I still have your cleaner, sorry. haven't bowled since I've been back.

Updated List:

Matt Watson
Chris Watson
Mitch Marris
Michael Muir
Mitch Edom
Chris Barratt
Jess Barratt
Jesus Herero
Matt Jones
Teagan Nairn
Tamika Mason
Jess Nahas
Cat Sharland
Colin Murphy
Steve King

15 bowlers thus far with just under 2 weeks to go.

Matt

List as of Wednesday 23/1/08:

Matt Watson
Chris Watson
Mitch Marris
Michael Muir
Mitch Edom
Chris Barratt
Jess Barratt
Jesus Herero
Matt Jones
Teagan Nairn
Tamika Mason
Jess Nahas
Cat Sharland
Colin Murphy
Steve King
Carol Gianotti
Toni Woodcock

17 bowlers thus far. Needing another 13 for the advertised payout.

If anyone knows of some other bowlers who may be interested, please tell them and if possible leave their names on here or contact me.

Cheers

Matt

Back
Top Bottom