2008 Aspley Youth - 20 & 21 Sept

Nothing i read on here about this tourmament surprises me . If finding a date to move it to is clashing with everything else that is on why not cancel it for this year and plan it again next year.
Cindyd

Just my opinion here, but if take a good look at the TBA calendar alone, it would seem that the only option would be to postpone this event until next year as you have the following events on between now and december.

SPC - This Weekend

Adult Nationals - Most of October

Sharp - Middle of November

Brunswick Adult - 1st Weekend of December

Brunswick Youth - 2nd Weekend of December

Keeping in mind that most people, after either the adult or youth brunswick cup, with league having finished, will take a break for 3 or so weeks until league starts again.

Then you have National Youth Cup and Youth Challenge at the beginning of January, I would dare say SA Cup at the end of January, so why not run the event say 2nd or 3rd weekend of February (around the time Mt Gravatt Youth was run).

And then after this it gets busy again with 2 tournaments in Perth in March, AO in april and then the rest of the majrs come in.

My Suggestion: Run it in the middle of february next year. You already have the format and entry form done, so you now have 5 months preparation for it as well, plenty of time to get your entries, people have ample time to book flights and it can become the tournament you want it to be.

My 2 cents

BTW, i would bowl this event in february if i hadnt already booked a trip overseas, but best of luck with it all guys.

Whatever is going to happen, a final decision needs to be made TODAY, and ALL bowlers need to be informed personally - God forbid we have another case of bowlers rocking up on Saturday morning to be told the event is off ....

Yes Broni, that is what Mum is trying to avoid. Unfortunately the decision for the other tournament was out of Mum's hands, but she was the one thrown into the fire to deliver the bad news and cop the abuse :(

I think Andrew has made a very realistic suggestion, in that Aspley should wait for the calendar meeting (Monday night) before making a decision.

Thanks to all the people who have been constructive with their comments in the hopes of legitimately trying to rectify this issue. To those who have not really been constructive, have a coffee, pop a love pill and hopefully having a whinge has made you feel a little better :flower:

Matt, your post was invaluable, thank you so much for your time and effort. I read it to Mum lastnight and she was most grateful ;)

Ciao for now
Rachel

Hi all,

Thank you for your patience regarding the Aspley Youth Cup.

I have been in contact with TBA and they have informed me that we are able to postpone this event to a more suitable date.

I will be attending the calendar meeting on Monday 15/09/08 on behalf of Aspley Bowl, at which time we will negotiate a suitable date in February 2009 to proceed with this event. I have been informed that the final dates for all tournaments will be announced at the end of October 2008. This is due to TBA needing to revise the ranking tournaments for 2009 . Once they have done this they will complete the 2009 tournament calendar.

A revised entry form will be available once the date has been finalised with TBA.

Thank you all, I appreciate all the local and interstate entries we have received thus far as we could not run a successful event without your support. I look forward to this growing and acheiving the intended result in 2009.

Thank you all for your ideas and suggestions. I know Rachel did pass on my thanks, but I sincerely thank you all.

Yours in bowling
Gloria Reggars on behalf of Aspley 10 Pin Bowl management

Thanks Gloria, I understand that you have been put in the firing line again, and appreciate what you have done to rectify the situation quickly since returning to work today.

Thanks to Matt for this suggestion, since Mt Gravatt no longer runs, when you get dates please let me know, and Ill organize the time off for this tournament.

Thanks
Rachael

I'll be too old to bowl come February but I wish the best for the tournament - you are doing a great job Gloria and I hope the bowlers support the event.

LOL that sounds so funny to hear you say "I'll be too old" :p

P.S. I know Mum really appreciates all the support she's getting from everyone.
It makes a difference when you hear it straight for the horses mouth (so to speak)

Thanks
Timmy xx

Back
Top Bottom