2008 Aspley Open

It is still better to reduce the prizefund and places paid then to cancel the event, the bowlers who have already booked flights, accom, etc are in no position to obtain a refund. As a whole all bowlers would rather compete for a reduced a prizefund than not host the event at all.

I hope there is a last day reprieve by the management of Aspley Bowl.

Listen to the bowlers, A REDUCED PRIZEFUND IS BETTER THEN CANCELING THE EVENT!

Good morning all,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for you thoughts, comments, and suggestions. Having taken these into consideration and with much deliberation during a management meeting this morning, we have concluded that the honourable thing in this instance would be to thank those bowlers who have supported our first attempt to introduce a nationally ranked tournament in our own back yards (so to speak)
Without your support we would not be unable to offer a secondary option at this stage.

It’s not only disappointing to you the bowlers, but also to the management and staff at Aspley 10 Pin Bowl that we have not been able to get the numbers to launch the original tournament and that is something we will work on to ensure that our next attempt is a complete success.

We would like to thank those bowlers who have supported us and hope that the following offer will be suitable at such short notice.

Date: August 24, 2008 (Sunday)
Check in: 7.30am for 8.00 bowl
Entry fee: $200.00

8 games will be bowled with the top 15 bowlers continuing to matchplay
Please note: This event will NO longer be ranked but will be accreditated

Prize fund based on 30 bowlers is as follows

1st $ 900.00
2nd $ 700.00
3rd $ 550.00
4th $ 450.00
5th $ 400.00
6th $ 350.00
7th $ 325.00
8th $ 300.00
9th $ 275.00
10th $ 250.00
11th $ 225.00
12th $ 200.00
13th $ 185.00
14th $ 175.00
15th $ 150.00

A COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST WILL BE SERVED AT 7.15AM​

Thanking you in advance and I would like to make a special metion to thank Geroge Frilingos and Andrew Christopher for their exhaustive efforts in this matter.

Gloria Reggars
PROMOTIONS MANAGER

Gloria Reggars
PROMOTIONS MANAGER

Back
Top Bottom