2007 WA Sports Series Final

ratty133

The Brow
Hi Everyone

The Sports Series final for 2007 will now be held on Sunday December 2md at AMF Cannington.

I do apologise for the date change, however, it was unavoidable due to clashing with centre commitments as well as my own personal commitments.

Ill hopefully have all information required for the bowlers by later this afternoon or later this week. The format is set and will be advertised tonight. I am just finalising sponsorships for the final to see what the entry fee will need to be.

Once i know all the details, i will announce them on here as well as send the information to all centres.

Cheers

Matt Watson

SO TELL ME/US MATT IS THE WASS NOW AN AMF TOURNAMENT ?? I NOTICE THAT AMF HAD THE BULK OF THE ADVERTISING ON THE LAST ENTRY FORM - WHAT DID THEY CONTRIBUTE TO THE PRIZE FUND ???. (UNABLE TO LOCATE LATEST ENTRY FORM) PLUS THE NEXT ROUND IS BACK AT CANNINGTON
I THOUGHT THE INDEPENDENTS WERE GOING TO GET A RUN AT HOSTING THIS EVENT
KJ

Hi Keith

No the WASS is not an AMF Tournament. As for the advertising and how AMF had the majority, can you please explain what you mean by this?

IF its referring to the logo space on the entry forms, i have one of my friends do the entry forms for me and they have come up with one design for all tournament to be held at AMF centres and then change the logo to the independants when the tournament is there.

With the final being held at Cannington, it is only at Cannington because it is the most central centre for all bowlers that has a KEGEL machine.

The independant centres must have access to a kegel in order to host an event, and as far as i know, kelmscott is the only independant centre with a kegel.

Kelmscott will have the 1st tournament on the calendar next year as all bowlers found out at the last event.

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask me and i'll be more than happy to answer them.

Matt

THANKS MATT FOR EXPLAINING THAT, BUT FEEL THAT THE SPONSORS WOULD EXPECT TO GET THE BULK OF THE ADVERTISING SPACE, NOT THE HOST CENTRE THAT IS NOT CONTRIBUTING TO THE PRIZE FUND. (BASIC BUSINESS PRACTICE SHOULD YOU WISH TO RETAIN THE WASS SPONSORS)
WASS SERIES SHOULD BE DOMINANT ON ENTRY FOLLOWED BY SPONSORS AND THEN THE HOST CENTRE (IF NOT SPONSORING THE EVENT) TRUST YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN.
REASON FOR THE COMMENT WAS THAT I SHOWED A FEW LOCAL BOWLERS THE LAST WASS ENTRY FORM AND THEY MADE THE COMMENT "S@#T HOW DID THEY GET AMF TO SPONSOR THE SERIES" SEE WHAT I MEAN ?????

KJ

Yep, understand totally mate. Ill speak to the guy who does my entry forms and see what he can do about it. All other sponsors do get more advertising space as their logos are displayed on the scoring screens and on all individual scoresheets. And where possible, i attach business cards of tournament sponsors to everyones scoresheets and give them all a plug or 2 during the event.

But AMF is definately not sponsoring the series

Matt

correct me if i am wrong, but i am just a former league bowler, but cant other lane oiling machines lay oil on a lane.?

What is so special about a kegel?, sure, the center that i bowled at had one (Fairlanes city) but after doing some research into lane patterns (is that the correct term) a "sport" pattern is one that has a ratio of oil no greater than 2:1.

again, please correct me if i am wrong, but the ratio of oil is calculated in the following way

the average of oil on boards 17-20 over the average amount of oil on boards 3-7, and to comply with "sport" bowling conditions (patterns) the difference can not be more than 2, or is it 3 times the amount in the middle of the lane as compared to the outside of the lane??

Can we have a nude round at Rosemount?
I'll lay the viper pattern there by myself with a can of spray on garlic flavoured cooking oil.

sounds like fun Cat! count me in on that one!!!!, but maybe not the nude part.

Hi Everyone

Unfortunately, carol has had to withdraw form this event for other commitments, so i invite Greg (Baron) Ball to take her place.

The entry fee for this event will be $100

Format is:

Round 1

All bowlers bowl 5 ga,es in a head to head situation, with high series advancing. Matches based on final rankings standings (1 v 16, 2 v 15 etc).

Round 2

8 winners from round 1 bowl another 5 games in head to head format, again high series advancing

Round 3

4 winners from round 2 bowl 1 game, with the lowest score being eliminated and finishing 4th

Round 4

3 survivors from round 3 bowl 1 game, with lowest score being eliminated and finishing 3rd

Round 5

2 survivors from round 4 bowl 1 game, with highest score winning the event and lowest score finishing 2nd.

The Payout will be as follows:

1st - $250
2nd - $200
3rd - $150
4th - $100
5th-8th - $50

Basically every round you survive, you win $50.

The pattern we will be bowling on is the CHEETAH.

Below is the list of competitors, if your name is not in bold, i need you to confirm with me ASAP if you are competing or not.

John Baker
Michael Muir
Mitch Marris
Matt Watson
Chris Barratt
Chris Watson

Peter Currie
Aaron Stack
Chris Matthews
Jess Barratt
Steve King

Jim Hind
Mitch Edom
Sam Taylor
Kevin Sheedy
Greg Ball

I hope to see all of you at Cannington on the 2nd of December.

I will have the entry form for the 1st event on next years circuit at the final as well.

Hi Everyone

Waiting only on confirmation now from Jim Hind & Greg Ball.

If anyone on here speaks to them more often than i do, can you please ask them if they are bowling so i can call the next reserve if need be.

Matt

Thanks Ballzy

Lucky Last

JIM HIND

If you read this mate, can you please post or PM me if you are attending or not.

Matt

Since when has there been a cut off, and calling in reserves????, as a sponsor I think it would be nice to be informed.............

Since when has there been a cut off, and calling in reserves????, as a sponsor I think it would be nice to be informed.............

The Cut off for top 16 was announced at Craigie, as well as posted on here the same day of the craigie event. Further to my defence, i posted in THIS THREAD, a list of the top 16 competitors for the final.

Im sorry of no phone call being made, but i know you are on here quite often Jess and im sure you have read this thread more than once as you have posted twice in it now.

Matt

All 16 bowlers are confirmed

Hope to see you all on December 2 for what should be an interesting final to the 2007 WA Sports Series.

Matt

Well done Greg on your win yesterday :smiley.php:

Also well done to you Matt for your efforts throughout the year in getting this sports series up and running,i thoroughly enjoyed it,as i am sure everyone else did too.

look forward to next year

johnnyb

Back
Top Bottom