2007 Sport Bowling League

STEROID

Hi Everyone,
For the past 2 years, Mentone Bowl has been running a Sport Bowling league. During last years leagues, NO ONE in either season (20 weeks) averaged 200, which may indicate that the oil patterns were difficult and were a “true” test of consistency and accuracy! The Sport Bowling league will also be conducted in 2007 with a few changes.

Here are the details:
Where will the league be held? Mentone Tenpin Bowl (Corner of Warrigal Road & Nepean Highway) Mentone, Victoria
When will the league begin? A reformation meeting will be held on January 29, 2007 with the league commencing on February 5, 2007.
What time will the league start? This league will commence between 7 and 7:30pm on Monday nights (exact start time will be decided at the reformation meeting).
How many weeks for the league season? This league is a 20 week season, with a second 20-week season commencing in the middle of 2007.
How much will the league cost per night? Between $20 and $25 per league night (decided at the reformation meeting).
How many games per league night? 3 games per night
How many people per team? This will be a handicap (handicap will be 80% of 200, with a maximum handicap of 50) doubles league… 2 people per team.
What type of format? Point system will be a reverse ranking (similar to tournament bowling) based on the 3-game doubles high series each league night (this could change at the reformation meeting).
When will the oil pattern change? The oil pattern will change every 4 weeks.
What type of awards can I receive? “Weekly” awards will be given throughout the season and overall awards given at the end of the season

Due to the limited number of lanes available at Mentone, there will only be space for 12 to 16 teams on this league for 2007, so please post a message here or send me a personal message if you want to join the league or ask any questions about the league. Alternatively, you can enter your team at the reformation meeting on January 29 (if space is available). I'll update the number of teams in the middle of January 2007.

I also just wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :D

Dr. Chris

Hi Everyone,

So far we have 5 teams confirmed for this league. We hope to get up to 12 teams or more (depending on the number of lanes we can use).

As PBA Tour Player Chris Barnes says, "Nothing good in life comes without a challenge". So if you want to be more successful in tournaments, the Sport Bowling League will "challenge" and help you determine your "true" bowling ability.

The Sport Bowling League will also feature a few different PBA recognised oil patterns this year, so you can test your ability against what the professional bowlers score on as well.

I'll provide another update later in January.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years.

Dr. Chris

Hi guys,

Just a reminder, a reformation meeting for the Sport Bowling League will be held on January 29 at 7pm at Mentone bowl with the league commencing on February 5.

I would expect the reformation meeting to take 1 hour (at the most). For those that want to "test the waters" before committing, a sport bowling oil pattern will be set up that night so after our meeting anyone can practice on them.

If you haven't signed up yet, get your name down quickly as we have 8 teams so far and only have room for 4 more. So for those of you who went to Ed Fleming Lanes on January 14 for the Sport Challenge tournament and are interested in testing your ability more, this is the league to be in!

cheers,
Dr. Chris

Hi there again,

Just a remind that there are only a couple spots left in the sport bowling league, so if you intend to bowl, book in now.

Alternatively, you can come to the reformation meeting on January 29 at 7pm, however, it will be first come first serve. The first ones to "check in" to the league will get the spots... so it is advised that you contact me before Monday to secure your spot.

Looking forward to another successful year with the sport bowling league.

Dr. Chris

Back
Top Bottom