2006 V.I.P Classic

Hi Oaky

I have been convinced, can you put me down for the graded division thanks.

Cheers,
Kassey.

Matt Cramond - Out.
That still leaves 25 bowlers in the Scratch Division, with 27 bowlers in the Graded Division including Kace.

Ok so far as at 27/7th

Scratch Division

Jason Griggs
Scott Summers
Chris Acuavera
Andrew Phillips
Garry Crick
Chris Commane
Mark Vass
Adam Johnson
Ashley Riley
Debbie Riley
Hayden George
Matt ****son
Aaron Williams
Anthony Cox
Joel Reeve
Adam Reeve
Damian Crick
Greg Elkin
Daniel McKinlay
Elliot Renshaw
Paul Lucock
Aaron Franklin
Barry Roussow
Warren Donnelly
Chris Springer

Graded Division

Colin Sculthorpe
Jeanine Commane
Chris oshea
Max Bastian (SA)
Bruce Potter
Phillip Finearty
Leanne Chambers
Alen Lapi-an
Zoltan Latky
Joseph Moraitis
Jackie Crick
Emma Tubb
Bob MacFarlane
Sara Peck
Kaitlyn Commane
Glenn Bargeus
Chris (BUZZ) Burrows
Ashtyn Kunta
Greg Bennett
Lance Dyer
Janet Jones
Diane Backhouse
Nana Heth
Gyan Lowney
Nick Berry
Karyn Radcliffe
Kassey Fechner
Warren Burns
Lyn Hawkes

Reminder to all Graded Bowlers please bring a copy of your league standing sheet with you as of the 21st july

Just wanna say a quick GOOD LUCK to everyone bowling this weekend. Wish i could be down there to watch, but unfortunately i cant due to work committments.

Special GOOD LUCK to all the Rachuig crew - Men & Women.

Hopefully someone can let me know how you all go.

I assume someone (mattycrammond ;) ) will be posting results aswell :D

Great turnout Paul. Hope it all runs smoothly.

Catch up with y'all in 2 weeks at State.

Good luck and high scoring to one and all!

Laterz
Marty
:D

just a question, is this weekends pattern going to be a 3:1 pattern being that it is national ranked?

I think you will find that this event is Sanctioned as a National Event but not a "Ranked Event" as such. From memory (dont quote me) "Ranked Events" must have minimum 1st place of $2000 and the payout 1 in 3, and will be included in the TBA Rankings Tour.

VIP Doesnt meet any of these criteria and therfore I dont reckon we will be getting a 3:1 b/w 38 and 42ft.

Plus, the last time a 3:1 was put down @ Moonah (Moonah Classic, 2003), all the house bowlers complained because they bowled way under their house average.

So I dont think there is much chance of that happening.

Heres my guess (just from experience):

Oil to b/w 32-35, Buffed to around 38, and the ratio being about 5 or 6:1, shot b/w 5 and 15 (breakpoint at about 8 board) for the righties and anywhere outside 10 for the lefties

Average to win the Scratch Division 225+

Paul, pls remove Emma's entry, she aint bowing.

Hey paul just giving you a heads up that i may not be able to bowl. Experiencing some pretty bad muscle strain from judo atm!

I will have to see how i pull up in the morning and ill come in early for a practice.

Just thought id give you an advance warning

GUS said:
Plus, the last time a 3:1 was put down @ Moonah (Moonah Classic, 2003), all the house bowlers complained because they bowled way under their house average.
So I dont think there is much chance of that happening.
The complaints regarding the volume of oil at the time were levelled mainly by most of the more "senior" players - and they didn't actually bowl in the tournament for that reason.
And of the others here that did play and floundered and probably had a grumble about it, a majority of those no longer bowl anyway.
Of the 8 that made the cut to matchplay - including myself - five of them were Southerners, and I recall no grumbling from any of those five on the conditions on that day.
In relation to league averages at the time, most of us knew that the conditions were vastly different to the ones which the league averages were established on, and as a result were fully prepared to cop a drop in averages as a product of that.
At that time, I believe the highest average in the centre was around 209.

Actually made for a very interesting tournament where accuracy and spareshooting were of even greater importance. :)

Back
Top Bottom