2006 SA Youth Challenge - Results

Scooter-

I did try and get these up last night but the forces of nature were conspiring against me and took power away from my house before I could do it. Apparently power is needed for the internet to run, who knew.
So, here are the final results for the women's and men's doubles as well as the first 3 games for the team's events. Both are in excel format.

Good luck to all those competing today.

Attachments

• 2006 SA Youth Challenge - Men's Doubles.xls
    24 KB · Views: 93
  • 2006 SA Youth Challenge - Men's Team's.xls
    24.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 2006 SA Youth Challenge - Women's Doubles.xls
    23 KB · Views: 59
  • 2006 SA Youth Challenge - Women's Team's.xls
    23 KB · Views: 46
Hey,
Just want to say thanks and well done to Adam and Scott as well as the volunteers and staff for executing such a smooth running tournament (bar a couple minor delays). Much fun was had by all and I'm sure the 'new' format was enjoyed and well received. Great job guys keep up the good work and bring on the masters!!

Also, well done to everyone who bowled especially the Woodville crew. We set out to achieve and achieve we well did. Special mention to the Elizabeth men who pushed us (the Woodville men) all the way in everything it was a very enjoyable battle and is to hopefully be continued at masters next week. See everyone bright and early Sunday.

Cheers,
Bobba

Well, the hard work has been done and the efforts of the weekend past will be seen this coming Sunday. I can say without a doubt that Spence and I had a fantastic weekend, the buzz of being able to present a tournament which was enjoyed by all those who were there is an incredible narcotic and I hope the atmosphere that was created over the weekend can be repeated again this Sunday for masters.

I would again like to thank all those who helped us get over the line, namely the AMF staff, Ryan, Tim, Simon and Leanne, Trevor and Sue Noble for donating an unbelievable amount of time and effort as well as knowledge, the team managers and coaches; without your assistance in helping us it wouldn't have gone as smoothly and of course the spectators and supporters; the family and friends who bowlers need to bowl their best. The ones who did all the work on the ground during the day, the competitors, deserve the most praise. It was your attitude, intensity, sportsmanship and demeanour which created an atmosphere of fun, high competition and comraderie.

There wasn't a pair of lanes I couldn't walk down and know that I was good friends with at least a few people and a few more who wanted to know me if they didn't already and I know Spence feel's the same way. This tournament was our first, our chance to give back to the
tournament we both love so much.

Congratulations go out to those who got the chance to grace the podium and have a medal hung from their neck and also good luck to the 32 bowlers who will be competing in the Master's this coming Sunday.

Now, without further adieu, below are the results you're really here for. The podium places and masters member's are in the post with the full results in the attached files.

Thank you,
Adam and Spence...err, Scott (thanks Sonia :D )

Women's Singles
1st: Jessica Szpajchler (Salisbury)
2nd: Sarah Greening (Crossroads)
3rd: Amy Heib (Elizabeth)

Men's Singles
1st: Damien Teague (Elizabeth)
2nd: Shane Tunnah (Woodville)
3rd: Robert Elliott (Woodville)

Women's Doubles
1st: Tammy Kent & Jessica Bowles (Noarlunga)
2nd: Renee Porter & Nicole Williams (Village)
3rd: Jessica Szpajchler & Jamie-Ann Kennedy (Salisbury)

Men's Doubles
1st: Shane Tunnah & Jason Turai (Woodville)
2nd: Paul Streatfield & Scott Miles (Elizabeth)
3rd: Matthew Krinis & Robert Elliott (Woodville)

Women's Teams
1st: Jessica Light, Kimberley Inglis, Leah Howe, Sarah Greening (Crossroads)
2nd: Barbara Tapley, Amanda Bauer, Cassie Watt, Danielle Elliott (Woodville)
3rd: Karen Kelly, Renee Porter, Cassie Eades, Nicole Williams (Village)

Men's Teams
1st: Shane Tunnah, Matthew Krinis, Jason Turai, Robert Elliott (Woodville)
2nd: Paul Streatfield, Steven Gaertner, Damien Teague, Scott Miles (Elizabeth)
3rd: Steve Rawson, Peter Oliver, Rhys Dent, Matthew Schoessow (Village)

Women's All Events
1st: Amy Heib (Elizabeth)
2nd: Jessica Szpajchler (Salisbury)
3rd: Tammy Kent (Noarlunga)

Men's All Events
1st: Shane Tunnah (Woodville)
2nd: Damien Teague (Elizabeth)
3rd: Robert Elliott (Woodville)

Women's Final Poinscore
Crossroads 276
Village 271
Woodville 254

Men's Final Pointscore
Woodville 470
Elizabeth 408
Village 308

Combined Pointscore
Woodville 724
Elizabeth 660
Village 308

Sportsperson Awards
Tim Tran & Amy Heib

Director's Awards
Shane Tunnah & Jessica Szpajchler

Women's Masters Qualifiers
Amy Heib
Jessica Szpajchler
Tammy Kent
Danielle Elliott
Sarah Greening
Hayley Mooney
Renee Porter
Jamie-Ann Kennedy
Karen Kelly
Amanda Bauer
Jessica Light - withdrawn
Crystal Tran - withdrawn
Cassie Etherton
Vicki Hannam
Jessica Bowles
Nicole Williams
Cassie Eades
Leah Howe

Reserve
Aleesha Jones

Men's Masters Qualifiers
Shane Tunnah
Damien Teague
Robert Elliott
Stephen Rawson
Jason Turai
Scott Miles
Lee Hutchison
Paul Streatfield
Jason Faulds
Matthew Krinis
Nick Vale
Paul Head
Anthony Hall
Russell Martin
Peter Oliver
Tavis Johnson

Reserve
Steven Gaertner

and now, after all that, I'll actually attach the files I said I would. :)

Attachments

• 2006 SA Youth Challenge - Men's Teams.xls
    25 KB · Views: 32
  • 2006 SA Youth Challenge - Men's Singles.xls
    26.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 2006 SA Youth Challenge - Men's All Events.xls
    21.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 2006 SA Youth Challenge - Pointscore.xls
    17.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 2006 SA Youth Challenge - Women's All Events.xls
    20.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 2006 SA Youth Challenge - Women's Singles.xls
    22 KB · Views: 20
  • 2006 SA Youth Challenge - Women's Teams.xls
    23.5 KB · Views: 14
My name is David Wakefield and I was one of the retiring bowlers. As this was my first and last Under 25's Challenge and my first ever tornament, I would like to thank all that made this event a memorable one. Unfortunately the lanes did not suit my style, especially the Noarlunga style, however I managed to do my best under the extreme conditions of approximately 42 feet of oil, 60 units with a top hat pattern.
Again I would like to thank all that contributed in making the event run smooth and to the bowlers for their sportsmanship, on and off the lanes.
Thanks

Hey Hey all,

Huge weekend..... first of course a mention to the two guys running the thing... scott n adam u did a tremendous job out there well done guys.... next to the bowlers.... well the tourney couldnt be held without us lol congrats to all the medal takers and especially the ones from Salisbury :p hehe... no good job to all and to Woodville for taking it out bunch of champs u guys.... ill be there for many years to come and i kno a few other will too... it was a pleasure bowling with all and hope to see everyone at next years tourney (bad luck on the oldies hahaha)... carry opn the great bowling next week guy and gals.. ciao ciao for now

TIMMY ;)

Whereabouts can we check out all the photos taken from the event? Would be great seeing them all. :p

Hey Matt,
The photos will only be available for purchase from Trevor Noble at the Final for masters this sunday. Arrangements can be made with directly with him to purchase photos from the event.

The photos may be made available online at some stage but that wont be for quite sometime as it would be unfair for those that have already made purchases. Feel free to email us if you would like to order some

Cheers
Spence

hey all, just a quick post to say well done to adam and scott for running a great tourney. this was my first under 25's and im so damn impressed with this tourney. its a great opportunity for the bowlers such as me to try and mix it with the best youth bowlers out there, plus the spirit between teams is phenomenal. ill be competeting in this tourney until i outgrow it, without hesistation. thanks to all the village guys for making me have so much fun, plus all the salisbury boys for firing me up and paying out every lucky pin that fell! pity we nabbed you for a medal! :p

cant wait for sunday. im so damn happy i even made it this far!! seeya all there. good luck to all the bowlers, in particular all four village girls, steve rawson and jessica from salisbury!

Peter Oliver

Hey all,

I just want to congratulate Spence and Scott on a great job. I Heard that they did a wonderful job as directors of there first tournament. Glad to see that there are people out there that take an interest in our up and coming bowlers. Keep up the good work boys and maybe one day, just one day we may get the numbers back to our big tournaments.

Dolly.

Hey,
Just like to say that as a Junior bowler bowling in the Under 25's for the first time, it was great fun, and everyone was good to bowl with- no dummy spits and great sportsmanship there. Somehow I made it into the Masters, so look forward to seeing people again there.
--Karen K

Congrats to Scott & Adam for a very well run tournament.

Big congrats to all the medallists in both mens and ladies divisions. Fantastic performances all round.

NB> To Sam, two big victories in 2 weeks with that Visionary cr*p.;)

Once again, a fantastic day of competition, from the attitude's of the competitors, team officials and supporters to the scores put on the board by all the bowlers.

Congratulations to those who placed on the podium, it was a hard fought race which continued right to the end for both male and female.

Here are the abridged results, more detailed ones can be found in the attached excel files.

Males
1st: Shane Tunnah
2nd: Scott Miles
3rd: Damien Teague

Females
1st: Sarah Greening
2nd: Renee Porter
3rd: Hayley Mooney

A big thank you goes out to Max Bastian from Bowling Balls Australia for showing his support for this event by sponsoring the Master's event, to Sue and Trevor Noble and to the AMF staff for once again offering their day to help us make this tournament run as smoothly as it did.

Thank you to all who came to support the bowlers and the bowlers themselves over all three days of competition. Bring on the 20th SA Youth Challenge in 2007.

Adam and Scott

Attachments

• 2006 SA Youth Challenge - Masters.xls
    219 KB · Views: 66
BIG RED!!! That's my girl you awesome champ you!!! About time ya get your s*&^ together!! Well well well hey city bowlers be warmed the country invasion is coming! 05 adults male masters winner, 06 junior girl masters winner and 07 junior boy masters winners were all from the Country!!! Ahhhhh!! lol!!

Haha!!! yeah lookout, we're just gettin started!!!:twisted: Good to see the out of towners getting back into u/25's, should never have been a split in the first place but thats another story. Was always my favourite weekend away of the yr in my younger days.

Back
Top Bottom