11. Angela Shima 2548 181
12. Jo Babic 2542 181
13. Sue Cassell 2517 179
14. Kate Wilton 2509 179
15. Leisa Lumsden 2500 178
16. Michelle Halprin 2496 178

Reserve Amanda Bauer 2487 177
Reserve Jenny Walsh 2466 176

Pinfall is now dropped and the ladies will bowl 15 games head to head tomorrow.

Brad

I'm guessing that this condition will pass the TBA lane oiling policy inspection. That is, if anyone actually pulls a tape.

I'm still waiting to see ANY TBA inspection results from ANY ratings points event this year. Maybe we can all say please at once and someone from the TBA will listen to our plea.

PS..Well done ladies...may the best bowler win tomorrow!

I can verify the readings were done, i work at Norwood and got there at 8:15, the reading was dont at about 9am and sent to TBA

Thanks, Brad

I can verify that a reading was also conducted at Werribee Youth Cup prior to the tournament (about 3 weeks prior- just 'cause we wanted to be 100% sure of conditions) and approved, then another reading was done on the day of the actual tournament, sent to TBA and given the "okay".

I didn't think it was part of the policy to put results on the totalbowling website. Correct me if I am wrong.

Edi

Werribee said:
I can verify that a reading was also conducted at Werribee Youth Cup prior to the tournament (about 3 weeks prior- just 'cause we wanted to be 100% sure of conditions) and approved, then another reading was done on the day of the actual tournament, sent to TBA and given the "okay".

I didn't think it was part of the policy to put results on the totalbowling website. Correct me if I am wrong.

Edi

I know it's not part of the policy to post results on Totalbowling, however I didn't think it was policy to not reveal the readings results either..
just askin'

"the watchdog"

Wayne

I dont respond to your posts normally but do you want the acutal readings posted ?

or does the fact that the readings pass ,and the results included on the TBA rankings list mean anything.

I know you dont trust anybody.

The lane readings for the 2004 Werribee Youth Cup was posted on the TBA Site. Were these Ok on do you think they were fixed?

Wayne last year you decided not to nominate for the TBA Board ( you were sent a nomination form) , this year are you going to nominate?

I am sure there would be some delegate that would vote for you, somewhere in the world, maybe the USA.

Your vast knowledge of bowling must not be lost!!!

Do you bowl in any tournaments?

Also do you hold a current TBA registration card

I know you will answer this with a smart answer

Look forward to seeing you in Bendigo later in the year for the Youth Commonwealth Games

Ian Nicholls

I have had the opportunity to meet with Wayne Chester (check out my interview from 2001 here : http://www.totalbowling.com.au/live/profiles/waynechester.php ). After learning what Wayne had done in his life and of his bowling achievements, I grew to respect Wayne. Theres one particular thing about Wayne that I like - it's that he isn't backward about coming forward. If he has an opinion he will tell you what it is. I believe Wayne has the best interest of the game in our country at heart - but it is apparent that his skills and knowledge are not be utilised for whatever reason.

Ian I have some problems with your post and as Wayne will not post on here, I will.

Iann said:
Wayne last year you decided not to nominate for the TBA Board ( you were sent a nomination form) , this year are you going to nominate?

Why does it matter if Wayne decides to nominate to the board of TBA ? Where was your nomination ? Where was my nomination ? Does it make my opinion any less valid or important if I don't nominate for the TBA board ? I know Wayne has the intention of one day joining the TBA Board - perhaps the timing isnt right (illness?)

Iann said:
I am sure there would be some delegate that would vote for you, somewhere in the world, maybe the USA.

This is officially the dumbest and most unAustralian statement of the year - Wayne is to become an Australian Citizen in the next couple of months - making him as Australian as anyone else. I consider him Australian anyways - if there was an English person making comments on this board would you bag them ? Would you suggest that only an English delegate would vote for them ? Why is the fact that Wayne was born in the USA give you or anyone else the right to slur his place of birth - if this is your only complaint against him then get a life.

Iann said:
Your vast knowledge of bowling must not be lost!!!

I totally agree - though I don't think you meant in a sincere way. I read a story the other week about Australian Athletics - and that we currently have a coach from overseas living here who has coached many world class athletes (world records and gold medals alike) but out of pure who knows what, Athletics Australia refuse to use him - perhaps to even refuse acknowledgement that he exists. Perhaps it is because "If it doesnt happen in Australia then it doesnt count"

Iann said:
Do you bowl in any tournaments? Also do you hold a current TBA registration card ?

Does the fact that someone stops bowling tournaments mean their brain stops working ? I stopped bowling tournaments in 2001 - does that mean my opinion is not valid or important anymore because I don't bowl in tournaments or last year hold a TBA registration card ? These things must have wonderful magical powers.

Hey!
I was just wondering if anyone has the final results of the Woman's Adelaide Cup?

Thankz.
Cassie xox.

Here are the results from todays final of the 2004 Womens Adelaide Cup.

A faaaaaaantastic 4-9 conversion by Ann-Maree Putney in the last frame of the last game sealed her 1st Womens Adelaide Cup victory.

Cograts to everyone who bowled!

1st Ann-Maree Putney
2nd Clair Johnston
3rd Kerry-Ann Klop

4th Sue Cassel
5th Louise Ingoe
6th Emma Rutten
7th Amanda Bradley
8th Michelle Halprin
9th Nat Shelley
10th Martina Smith
11th Narelle Baker
12th Leisa Lumsden
13th Kate Wilton
14th Jo Babic
15th Michelle Cottrell
16th Angela Shima (withdrew with 3 games to go due to injury)

A low scoring event overall, but still enjoyable. CONGRATULATIONS to top 3 place getters, well bowled!!

ALSO, NEWS NEWS NEWS!!!!

It was announced today that the 2005 Womens Adelaide Cup will be held as the same time as the SA Cup in January. Hopefully this is good news for all and now the ladies that come over with the other halfs for SA Cup can now bowl the ladies tourny! Feedback is appreciated on here or please pm and i will give you my email address to send me info.

Cheeeers! Well done again Ann-Maree!!

Martina :D

Congratulations AMP on another great win. We would also like to congratulate BowlAustralia Team of Champions member EMMA RUTTEN on a credible 6th place finish.

P.S.
Great Post Graham - I respect Wayne's right to say it as he sees it! and have always found him to be courteous and providing opinion that demands debate. More people like him in our Industry would make for interesting, challenging and colourful discussion.

Firstly, congrats Ann Maree, the spare was never going to miss

Secondly, please send all feedback to either [email protected] or [email protected]. All feedback will be relayed to Renzo and those working towards next years tournie.

Thank you and congrats to all who bowled, very enjoyable tournament

Bradley

hey u all guys stop making stupid comment about wayne let wayne have good time in australia, please respect these people who from oversea who wanted to live in australia (PEACE) i have quite alot friend who from oversea i dont against it them, why u guys doing blame comment about wayne but that is said situations, look i have best friend who killed in New York (world trade center 82th floor) what make u feel sense of these people who faced suffering happens apart of Sept 11, 2001. please respect i dont want hear u guys make worse against one other that not going to work. cmon guys WAKE UP CALLS australia is freedom country.

I have had the opportunity to meet with Wayne Chester (check out my interview from 2001 here : http://www.totalbowling.com.au/live/profiles/waynechester.php ). After learning what Wayne had done in his life and of his bowling achievements, I grew to respect Wayne. Theres one particular thing about Wayne that I like - it's that he isn't backward about coming forward. If he has an opinion he will tell you what it is. I believe Wayne has the best interest of the game in our country at heart - but it is apparent that his skills and knowledge are not be utilised for whatever reason.
Obviously you know what you've been told and have formed your opinion. I too form opinions on what I am told. I don't understand why you would take apart Iann's post in defence of Wayne. As we all know everyone is entitled to there opinion as long as its not offensive and his post wasn't. But why hasn't Wayne actually done anything yet about the industry? He seems very keen and I've noticed he has a support group now. I can't understand why someone with as much knowledge and skill hasn't been snapped up by now.
Finally I would like to say I know Iann to be a gentleman and a 'doer not a sayer' and I, and many others, didn't see anything wrong with his post.

scoreggia said:
I don't understand why you would take apart Iann's post in defence of Wayne. As we all know everyone is entitled to there opinion as long as its not offensive and his post wasn't.

Everyone including myself is entitled to an opinion - it's part of what is good about this forum. I shouldnt have to censor myself because of one thing or another. I will say what I think. I was posting as graham the observer, and giving my opinion. Nothing wrong with that either.

scoreggia said:
But why hasn't Wayne actually done anything yet about the industry? He seems very keen and I've noticed he has a support group now. I can't understand why someone with as much knowledge and skill hasn't been snapped up by now.

I don't really know - perhaps it's the anti-american sentiment. There isn't a support group - I just believe some of the comments towards him are unjustified. I made my point - just as I would if someone else I knew had unjustified comments made against them.

scoreggia said:
Finally I would like to say I know Iann to be a gentleman and a 'doer not a sayer' and I, and many others, didn't see anything wrong with his post.

I get along with Ian fine, i think what he does for bowling is fantastic. I just felt the need to give my opinion on what he had said. You don't see anything wrong with his post ? That's your opinion - and once again - you are entitled to it.

Wayne. I have two questions.

1. Your avatar is a picture of AUSTRALIA being draped over by an AMERICAN FLAG. Why do you have this as your avatar?, and what point are you trying to make by it?

2. Can you please remove it? Last I checked were under the Commonwealth, hence the Great Britain flag in the top left corner of the Australian Flag.
If you, and StoneCold, do not like Anti-American comments being made then do not make Anti-Australian comments, as I find one in every post you make, being your avatar.

Has for the Lane Conditions. TBA has passed them. For everyone else that seems to be good enough. While I can where your coming from with your concern, the simple fact that TBA has passed them should be enough.

Later Da Cowman!

Back
Top Bottom