2002 TotalBowling Sports Series

Graham

Staff member
Hi guys - thanks to BFCC and all others that have helped to make this series a reality in 2002. Let's hope it goes well

Dates :

Feb 16th (Saturday)
April 17th (Sunday)
June 9th (Sunday)
August 24th (Saturday)
October 6th (Sunday)
November 10th (Sunday)

Format : 10 games scratch on a variety of Sports Conditions laid down by the Kegel

Venue : Caboolture Bowl, Caboolture

Cost :

$25 once off joining fee - you get a Kegel shirt with 2002 TotalBowling Sport Series across the back. Also makes you eligible to recieve end of season awards.

$70 per event ($33 for games - $37 prizefund)

Prizefund (paying 1:2 - based on 24 bowlers)

1st $200
2nd $150
3rd $100
4th $90
5th $85
6th $80
7th $75
8th $70
9th $50
10th $50
11th $35
12th $35

End Of Year Prizes (to be confirmed) :

Track Ball (George Frilingos)
Hammer Ball (Lawrie Hill)
Bowling Bag (Brandos Pro Shop)
$400 Car CD Player (Northfield Car Sound-Drewy)

Also Allys Asphalt has kindly donated $1000 to the series - I think this is going towards the prizefund in each event but will confirm with Jeff.

If you are interested in this - want to put your name down or want more information : please either myself [email protected] or BFCC on [email protected] or leave a reply here - im going to try and do up a flyer and get it out at the Doubles Skins and also at the centres

hi all , thanks to graham ,dwambo,brian bates and others we are going to have a great little series.

i would like to thank all the sponsors that have kindy donated products or cash .

Alley's Asphalt
Kegel
Hammer
Track
Northfield Car Sound
Totalbowling.com

at this stage we have based the payout on 24 bowlers but will extend past that number. if we get more then 24 bowlers we will run 2 squads.

a couple of things for the bowlers the 6 tournaments will be bowled on 6 different sport patterns. i will try to give each bowler a copy of the conditions on the day no-one will know what condition will be on the lanes untill the day .
the kegel shirts will be given out after you have bowled in 2 tournaments(we are limited to the number of shirts).

at this stage i have 18 confirmed bowlers so if you want to bowl leave a message here or email graham or myself or phone me on 32036372.

Hi Guys,

Put me down - keep the lefty flag flying proudly - someone on the left has to keep George honest
icon_wink.gif

Please check your first tournament date - doesn't this clash with Mary's first tournament??????????????

Be well.

Cheers

Jon King

Hi Jon King - long time no speak
icon_razz.gif

Originally we had that tournament on the next day but that would have clashed with the Brisbane Area team rolloff.

Let's check that first date and we will advise before the Doubles Skins what is going on.

Cheers

hi all, i just let you know the following guys will be at the series:-(sorry if i didn't spell the names correct)
dave hardy
graham (mr totalbowling)
andrew drew
dwambo
lawrie hill
darrly allford
sid ciancio
john whillams
george
brendan heathwood
tony hammilton
brando
chris quail
brian pilkington
garry bernardin
vaughan white
gerry cox
jon king
everyone is welcome to bowl and the competiton will be tough . the overall winner of the series will be the best bowler of the year.

the overall series winner - points will be awarded after each event 100 to the winner ,99 -2nd ,98-3rd and down to the last place.to win the overall prizes you must have bowled in at least 5 of the 6 events.

we have based the series the same as mary's have ball tour. it has worked well for mary and we are hoping it will work for us.

Jeff

I have no doubts the tour will be popular, Track is happy to be part of it in encouraging the tougher SPORT patterns. Every event is based on 24 but already you have 23 names. I'm sure you won't have too many problems in getting over 36 an event, look forward to seeing how accurate the bowlers in QLD really are, especially on some oil.

Don't forget to mention that brackets and side pots will be a part of every event so bring some extra cash!!!!!!!!!! See you all at the first one.

Excuse me, fellas, but I noticed that there are no ladies names on your little list.....don't the girls compete against the guys down there in Qld?

just curious
Broni
icon_sad.gif

hi broni, everyone is welcome to bowl ladies juniors seniors even george!!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif
i am hoping to get some names at the doubles skins but i cannot force anyone to bowl it is up to ladies and juniors to decide if they want the challenge of bowling on a sport condition against what i hope will be some of the best bowlers in queensland.

yes george numbers are filling up and it looks like we will need 2 squads and the payouts will be adjusted.

brackets,side bets and splashes i just hope your body and wallet can take the beating over a full year.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Can you please put Jagga's name down for a spot, though depending on what date we physically arrive in Brissy, he may not make the first tournie.
I hope that you get some ladies for the series...if I had even a quarter of the bowling talent of the guys you have already lined up, then I would only be too happy to donate my $70...but I don't, so I won't...not yet anyway!!!

cheers

Broni
icon_wink.gif

hi all , we have a change of date for the april tournament-
april 14th a sunday (not the 17th)

the june 9 th date may be changed also as it will clash with the atbso roll offs.

Hi bfcc,

Just want to make sure you got my email about participating in the sport series.

regards

Dale
icon_biggrin.gif

hi all just finished updating the dates so we won't clash -

feb 16th saturday
april 14th sunday
june 16th sunday
august 24th saturday
october 6th sunday
november 10th sunday GRAND FINAL

with numbers growing we are looking at running 2 squads the saturday squads will be checkin at 12:45 pm bowl at 1pm, 2nd squad checkin 3:30pm bowl at 3:45 pm. times may vary when we start depends on how long it will take to oil the lanes.for the guys who are allready confirmed to bowl please contact me or leave a post to let me know which squad you want to bowl in for the first tournament.we will be bowling 3 to a pair depending on numbers we will use lanes 1-12 if we need to we can extend to 18 lanes.

HI Graham

Rob and I are interested but unfortunately I wont be at the first couple. Thinking about bowling the June one though.

Sounds very challenging and like a lot of fun.

See you round.

Kel

Back
Top Bottom