10 game Scratch Tounament

yurac

SAMBA have organised a 10 game scratch tournament for this coming Sunday.

Salisbury Bowl
April 14th
Check in: 9.30am
Cost: $120.00
Prizefund
1st...$550.00
2nd...$350.00
3rd...$250.00
4th...$200.00
5th...$175.00
6th...$120.00
7th...$100.00
8th...$50.00
High game (non qual)...$50.00
High block (non qual)..$50.00
Based on 25 bowlers

Just turn up this Sunday morning

Cheers
Colin Hunt

Colin,

After bowling today in our Touring League at Noarlunga, a member of our league called into the bowl who had bowled the ten game scratch tourny.

He told us you had won with something like a 230+ average - WOW.

Congrats, and this is a great lead up to Rachuig trials beginning next weekend.

What were the other results????

To everyone bowling Rachuig trials, good luck and good bowling.

Heather S

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_eek.gif

Well done Col....good bowling. Shame to see only nine bowlers turned up......where is everyone!!!
Never the less good practice for yah!
bye now
tony

Well my name may not be colin however I can let you know about some of the results.

Due to the lack of numbers (Disappointing) the format of the Tournament was changed to a skins tournament where the winner was based on a per game basis. First place was awarded $40 and second place was awarded $10.

I won't publish any names just incase someone takes offence to it. However, I can say that the bowlers that bowled on the day bowled some very good averages. I though my average was good (181.7) but was far from the rest of the field. The next lot of averages above me were 188.4, 191.8 then we start getting into the 200 plus averages. I think that I have a fair way to go before I have a chance at winning.
icon_biggrin.gif

I noticed tony that you commented on the fact that there was only 9 bowlers turn up on the day. Yes I do agree considering the original payout for the tournament was based on 25 bowlers turning up. I seriously think that there needs to be significant improvement in the promotion of the tournament because if the numbers drop anymore that would probably mean that the tournament would go by the way side.

However in saying that the first ever 10 game scratch tournament was held at the end of last year. Therefore it isn't something that would be known to bowlers and hopefully as time goes by more and more people will participate in the event.

As far as I know SAMBA are planning on holding a 10 game scratch tournament at least 3 times throghout the year. As I said above, there needs to be improvement in the promotion of the tournament, therefore I am going to do my bit and say to anyone who reads this message.

"To my knowledge the next tournament is going to be held on July 7th at Village Bowl. Anyone who is interested in participating in the tournament should get in contact with SAMBA to get more information. Alternatively, if you know of anyone who would be interested LET THEM KNOW".

Thats all for now!!
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

In my last reply I said that for anyone intereted in the 10 game tournament to contact SAMBA.

I have since spoken to Mike Newport who is the person that is involved in organising the tournament and he has given me his contact details for anyone who is interested.

CONTACT DETAILS:

Name: Mike Newport
Mobile Phone: 0419 030 656
Email: [email protected]

THANKS

icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

Back
Top Bottom