Columbia 300 Anyone tried and tested the new Pure Physics ball??

jason_85

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has had a chance to review the new Pure Physics ball yet.

Cheers,

Jas.:)

I had Paul Madden at Keon Park drill one for me today. Great ball for me as I averaged 150 over 6 games when I have only been averaging 120-130's at present. I can't tellyou much more other than the ball hits hard and hooks plenty as I'm only a low rev stroke bowler. I wouldn't be able to tell you about the layout of the ball or anything like that as I'm not that technical up to scratch with all that.

Hopefully this has an attachment of my Pure Physics ball layout.

Attachments

• Image003.jpg
    Image003.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 73
I have my pure physics drilled 45 x 4 x 20 with a P4 weight hole, which is a length layout with a strong backend for me. I wanted it for heavy or longer patterns so I could keep my speed up and still have a strong entry angle. I haven't had a ball since the VG that give me such a different look then any other equipment I've drilled. It has a very heavy midlane roll and it doesn't seem to sacrifice pin carry to do it. I can't use it when the heads dry out or there is too much friction to the outside (like a THS), but I love this ball for tournament conditions.

Hey Jas,

I tried the ball on Demo Day in Werribee. It hits real hard I can tell you. Would be a good bowl for med to heavy oil conditions based on your revs.

I have my pure physics drilled 45 x 4 x 20 with a P4 weight hole, which is a length layout with a strong backend for me. I wanted it for heavy or longer patterns so I could keep my speed up and still have a strong entry angle. I haven't had a ball since the VG that give me such a different look then any other equipment I've drilled. It has a very heavy midlane roll and it doesn't seem to sacrifice pin carry to do it. I can't use it when the heads dry out or there is too much friction to the outside (like a THS), but I love this ball for tournament conditions.

Hey guys. I am looking at improving my game with this ball. is this ball any good on very old, wooden lanes that sometimes are very oily and seem to have no spin at all and sometimes quite the opposite...? would this ball easily be damaged? the bowling centre here is not well looked after and it damages balls frequently but my Storm Fast is still pretty good after 1-2 uses per week for 18-24 months, can I expect more, less or similar life from this ball?

Also a question about PAP, I think the drilling guy here has no idea about how to use this (or maybe he does, his son managed a 300), but if I find my PAP on my Storm Fast, will this information be useful in drilling the Pure Physics?
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom